The smartphone industry is rapidly growing and the all the big brands are competing for customers, best features, the title for best smartphone of the year and with each release comes new updated features from Face recognition, high camera quality etc are added to draw in consumers. Samsung officially released the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus on Friday, March 16, two weeks after pre-orders opened on February 25 in the UK & Europe and March 2 (in the US).
- Samsung’s elegant-looking glass-and-metal smartphone design returns
- Small changes: center-aligned rear fingerprint sensor; stereo speakers
- You won’t notice the dimension differences from the S8 Plus
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED curved screen
- 90% of the front of the phone is now screen
- No in-screen fingerprint sensor here
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus photo and video capabilities have been awarded a score of 99 by DxOMark, making it the best smartphone camera the website has reviewed.
- The S9 Plus features a dual-12 MP + 12 MP rear camera: one with a 1/2.55″ sensor and f/1.5 / f/2.4 variable aperture lens and one with a 1/3.6″ sensor and f/2.4 aperture lens. The front camera comes in at 8 MP and includes a 1/3.6″ sensor and f/1.7 aperture lens.
Samsung Galaxy S9 release date and price
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date: March 16
- $840 (£869, AU$1,349) marks a jump in price
- It’s still cheaper than an iPhone X
- The Samsung S9 Plus is selling between R15 000 (64GB) and R 17,999 (128GB)