Product of the Year – South Africa’s largest independent consumer-voted survey – celebrated 10 years of rewarding innovation and excellence in the country at its annual awards gala ceremony, held this year at The Maslow Hotel in Johannesburg on 22 February.
“Global icons such as Samsung and LG won awards, with international companies that are headquartered in France, the US and Britain acknowledged alongside home-grown brands like Hug in a Mug and the innovative Seatbelt Medic emergency device, which won the new safety category.” Cookware was also added to the list of categories in 2018, which was won by Tefal Expertise.
The full list of category winners includes:
- Alcohol Beverages: Strongbow Apple Ciders.
- Male Deodorants: Playboy Signature.
- Female Deodorants: Playgirl Sensuous Antiperspirant.
- Feminine Protection: StayFree Flexicomfort Pantyliners.
- Laundry Detergent: Sunlight 2-in-1 with Smartfoam.
- Personal Hygiene: Dettol Eventone Hygiene Soap.
- Cooking Appliances: Philips Viva Collection TurboStar Airfryer.
- Fragrances: Gold Series Pour Homme Eau de Toilettes
- Home Appliances: HiSense Fridge
- Television: LG OLED TV
- Safety: Seatbelt Medic
- Motor Lubricants: Castrol Magnatec
- Beverages: Hug in a Mug
- Cookware: Tefal Expertise
- Dairy (Heritage): Nutriday
- Home Cleaning: Harpic White & Shine
- Dairy Snack: Danone DanUp
- Premium Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy S8+
Read More on BizCommunity