Are you an upcoming fashion designer looking to take your brand from a ‘developing creative business’ to a ‘sustainable business’, well the SAFW new talent search 2019 is officially open and you have six days left to apply online.
Who can enter ?
Designers who are working towards establishing their brands in the creative fashion industry.
- Designers must not have been in for the past 7 years.
- Designers with a fashion diploma or degree or five years of design experience.
- Previous SAFW New talent finalists may enter for the 2nd time.
- This is a ladies wear specific competition- no menswear design will be accepted.
- The competition is open to SA citizens only.
What you can win?
- R30 000 towards developing your SS21 Collection in collaboration with the fashion agent.
- Representation by the fashion agent for 1 year valued at R 11 40.
- The winner will be part of the 202 New Talent Search showcase one year later, valued at R12 500.
- They will have a free stand at the SAFW Designer Pop-Up, Valued at R6 000.
- The total value of prize : R60 000.
- All finalists will receive a free strand at the SS20 SAFW trade show where they will market research and sell to boutiques, department stores and online stores.
Designers must register online before end of day on the 16 July 2019.
Follow the link: New Talent Search Brief
Should applicants experience any technical difficulties contact Jo-Leen: (T) 011 442 7812